Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bed rest

As of Thursday, at my last appointment, I have been put on bed rest....
but let me back up a bit.....

On Tuesday I came home from school ready to go on a walk to try to get this labor started. As I was changing my shoes I noticed that my feet were pouring over my socks...not a pretty sight. I quickly called the dr. and was told to elevate my feet and rest. The next day it was more of the same. That Thursday was my dr.'s appointment. As soon as I got there they took my blood pressure and it was high. They told me to lay down and that they would take it again in a few minutes. It had gone down just a bit. She quickly decided that I was no longer going to work and that I would be on bed rest until Madeline decides to show up. I was also 1 cm dilated and she has dropped.

I have not been the best patient in abiding to the bed rest rules. i am trying, but it is just hard. Corey has stepped up beautifully. He stocked us up on groceries and is cooking up a storm. Today it was homemade pizza...yummy!

Hannah is also being such a big help. She mostly just keeps me company and reminds me to stay in bed....sweet girl.

I know it won't be much longer and I know I can do just about anything for this little girl. I just wish she would decide to come a little early:)

1 comment:

  1. I pray that you will get through this and everything is going to go smoothly for you!!! Hope you are doing better!

    ReplyDelete