Thursday, August 12, 2010

New Toy

I finally did it, I bought a sewing/embroidery machine. And, well, might I say...I am in love!!!
Over the past month I have been taking a sewing class at Hancock fabrics. I learned a lot and now am inspired to begin creating.

But first, I had to find the right machine. I went to 2 different stores and compared abilities vs. price vs. what I could actually handle. After a week of going back and forth, i finally decided on this most amazing machine......


It's a brother 900D.
I was told it is great beginner machine for sewing and embroidery. The biggest embroidery it will allow mw to do is a 4x4 picture/text. That's not very big, but Madeline's name, initials and anything else I can thinK of will fit just fine. I'm telling you....she will never have to wonder how or what her name is:)

Today she and I went to the fabric store. I am determined to make Hannah a replica pillow of one that I paid $20 for. I am pretty sure I can do it. That is what the zebra fabric is for. The other one I think I will attempt to make her a dress out of...we will see.





I'LL KEEP YALL POSTED!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!!!! You got it! We so need to bounce ideas off of each other!! I can't wait to see what you make.
    -Ashley-

    ReplyDelete