Tuesday, November 23, 2010

lesson learned


For Madeline's Baptism I was given a very beautiful minky/satin blanket that she now LOVES!
As I inspected it, I thought to myself. "I can make this"! And for probably a lot cheaper than my sweet friend paid for it. Well I was right...I could and did make it for much cheaper. It only took me 3 attempts and one plea of help to the blog world...(I love the blog world)....and I finally figured it out. Who knew that minky and satin were nearly impossible to sew together..not me:)
Here is my 4th attempt after I learned you had to use A LOT, (like 75ish), pins to hold it together.



Once I started I couldn't stop. Mary, my friend, asked me to make her 4...so, I just kept pinning and sewing and pinning and sewing until I was finished!!!!


And here they are all tied up and ready to be delivered.



I am so happy that she gave me the opportunity to do this, I really did learn soooo much!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment