Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Yesterday I celebrated my very first real Mother's day. I say real because ever since Hannah has been in my life we have always celebrated this day, but yesterday was extra special for me. Corey and Hannah made it so memorable. They surprised me with a beautiful brunch. Corey never ceases to amaze me with his cooking skills.
Then we headed to Mom's to celebrate with her. She is such an amazing example of a mother.


Me with my two beautiful girls.

Blessed.....I wish I could come up with a better, more descriptive word to explain how I feel.
Last year at this time, I remember being in church watching all the mommy's and daddy's dedicate their children. Wondering and hoping that one day I would get to be a mommy. I remember crying, well...sobbing, thinking I may never get that chance. Well, here I am holding the most amazing little miracle in the world. The past three weeks have been the most exciting, rewarding, exhausting and challenging of my life.....days that I would not change for anything. I am amazed every day that I am Madeline's mommy. I thank God for the privilege of loving and nurturing this little girl.
I am Blessed!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. lots and lots of happy tears!!! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you made me cry with this post! I am glad you are a mommy to Madeline! Thats such a blessing!!! I can't wait to have my baby in my arms too!!! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So special and so sweet! She is such a beautiful baby. What better word than blessed...one of my favs. Happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete