Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas


The one and only picture of me and my girl.


It has been a busy past week.
The 23rd is my brother, Vincent's birthday. I hosted the party here and can you believe it...I did not take a single picture:( We had so much fun. We had enchiladas, chips and homemade guacamole (made my momma)...it was delicious! We have done this the past two years and I am pretty sure it is a forever tradition.

Christmas Eve is always celebrated at my Aunt Prini's house. We have a huge breakfast for dinner. Corey, Hannah, Madeline and I had gone to church prior and Madeline was getting so sleepy. So.....I decided to just put her to bed and skip Christmas Eve. I can't remember the last time I missed it, but it was ok. Corey and Hannah ended up going and having a great time and even bringing me home a plate of food.

We always celebrate Christmas morning at home and then head to moms for breakfast and presents with everyone else. I love that we are all able to be with our own families and then can come together to celebrate with mom and dad.


Here is Hannah checking out if Santa got his snacks...

And reading her letter that he left her

Distributing presents

This year we did things a little differently at our house. We did not go big gifts....crazy, I know!!
We decided to only do stockings and with the money we saved we adopted a family off our churches Angel Tree. All around, I think we all felt like we received more this Christmas than ever before. Corey and I decided we are pretty sure this is how Christmas will be from now on.
Hanny opening her earrings

Since Madeline was not awake when Hannah was ready to open gifts we decided to sorta reenact the whole thing for her, well...for me I guess...so I could get the pictures.
The girls coming down the hall

Hannah was such a help with Madeline.



Madeline was so happy.
It was a perfect first Christmas as a family of 4!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment