Thursday, February 24, 2011

Oh, My Eye

Madeline was born with a blocked tear duct. It has never been a real issue until recently.
It had gotten infected and even with an antibiotic drop it was not healing. After two doctor visits we were referred to an ophthalmologist. My thought was during that visit we would schedule the procedure to probe her eye, but instead, he said it needed to be done that day. I was scared, nervous and not ready at all to hear that news. It ended up being ok, but my little baby was SOOO upset when it was over.
Here are a few pictures of her eye...mostly for my own records, but I thought I would share.

the dot over her eye was for the doctor


this was the next day...so swollen, which later I found out was not normal..so, we are now on another drop to help with the swelling.


Poor baby:(
Today she is much, much better and I am so glad that this is behind us.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment