Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Madeline's Birthday

The long awaited day finally arrived and it was not what we had planned.
I went to bed Sunday night praying so hard that I would just go into labor naturally. I had been on the Internet reading way too much on induction and had scared myself into not wanting it anymore. We still had it scheduled and probably still would have done it, but it was not what I wanted. I am here to tell you God really does listen.
At 2:30 am I felt what seemed like to me a balloon popping. I immediately threw the covers back, told Corey it was time and ran to the bathroom. It was amazing and just like you see in the movies. I feel so lucky that I was able to have that experience since so many women do not. We quickly gathered our things and Hannah and rushed to Camille's house to drop her off. Then we were off to the hospital. From the moment my water broke I immediately had contractions and they were fast and hard. My mom has since told me that those were not even the worst of them. I didn't care because as soon as we arrived I started begging for the epidural. They didn't make me wait long and then I was in heaven. From the moment I got it I never felt another bit of pain.

I pushed for about 45 minutes before the dr. arrived and as soon as he did it only took 3-4 more pushes and she was here. It was the most beautifully perfect delivery that I could have ever asked for. The room was calm and quiet, which is hard to believe because not only was Corey there, but Mom and Mary Madeline were there too. It was truly a perfect experience. Madeline was quickly laid on my chest and began nursing and hasn't stopped since. I am in love beyond words. She is beautiful and perfect and healthy...more than I could ask for.


Here are some pictures from the day.........






Daddy and his girls

The big sister
We are blessed beyond measure.

3 comments:

  1. I just cried many tears of joy for you! I am so glad you went into labor on your own. It is truly an amazing experience! All of those feelings from six weeks ago came flooding back as I read your post. GOD IS GOOD and his timing is perfect!

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting me be apart of this amazing day. I love you all so very much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that beautful story. I can't wait to meet her! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete