Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 1, 2 and 3 of "make my baby sleep through the night!!!"

I should have started blogging about this 3 days ago when we started, but to tell you the truth I was just too tired to do much of anything.

Since my sweet little girl is now 6 months and has not figured out how to sleep through the night, I finally decided she needed a little help. (and really, so did i)

Night 1
I put her down at 6:30, her normal bed time. Around 8:30 I heard her, now usually I would have gone in there and hugged her, fed her, what ever she needed, but I let her cry. She cried for 40 long and excruciating minutes. Corey and I sat on the couch trying to decide how long we could take it. We decided we would not let it go longer than an hour, thank goodness it didn't.
After that she woke up at 12:00am, I went in and did feed her...the book said I could:) I heard her again around 2:30ish and she cried for 25 minutes and then around 5:30 when she cried for another 40 minutes. At 7:30 she woke up talking and very happy. I was sure she was going to look the other way when she saw me and forever hold a grudge. Thank goodness she didn't. Needless to say I got very little sleep that night.

Night 2
I put her down around 6pm, she was very tired that day. This time I didn't hear her until 11:30 when I fed her. I was so exhausted and you think I would have slept that whole time (6pm-11:30pm), but nooooo, I was way too worried about her...why hadn't she woken up, was something wrong??? Is it bad that when I did hear her at 11:30 I was VERY happy?
Anyway, I think she woke up again around 3am, but it must have only been for a second cause I never really woke up. She was up crying at 5:30 for 25 minutes and then up for the day at 7:15am. Again, she was happy and talking...no grudge holding for this little girl. I was starting to think I was doing the right thing.

Night 3 (last night)
She went down at 7pm. I did not hear her until 12:30am, when I fed her. I know what yall are thinking...why in the world is she going in there and feeding her????...right??? Well, I just couldn't let her transition cold turkey. I will work on that next....I promise:)
Ok..so, I think I heard her again around 3am, but she went right back to sleep. And then not again until 7 am!!!!! She was so happy and sweet and I have now realized that I AM doing the right thing for her and me. I woke up with Corey at 6 this morning and couldn't believe how rested I was. It's amazing what a little sleep will do for ya.

I am so proud of her and myself. I wanted to go in and rescue her so many times, but I'm glad I didn't. I only hope this continues.
Wish us luck.
love you all

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! all this info is helpful~ my little one is 2 months and I'm up all the time! Beautiful picture of your baby on the blog~ at the top! You sound like you are a wonderful Mom!:)
    jamie
    lovelongtime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck girl, it is hard to transition them to sleeping through the night!!!

    Oh and I wanted to say I made my first pillowcase dress. and I LOVE it..but OMG my arm holes are SOOOO bad!!!! HA! I might need to practice it like a thousand times more LOL!

    ReplyDelete