Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A day of projects

When I woke up this morning I had NO idea what was ahead of me.
Now, there is something you should know about my sister Gianna....when she wants to work....we WORK!!!!!
The projects I am about to show you were ALL, and I mean ALL done today..and there is still a couple I'm not even posting because I am doing some finishing details on.

I found this frame at Goodwill..it was an awful matte gold when we brought her home. I wish I would have taken a picture of her that day. Since then she has gone back and forth from my house to Gianna's probably 4 times.....But, today she is home to stay!!

First, Gianna painted it this very pretty turquoise. It was a little too bright for my home

So, we decided to add a little black glaze to it


And this.....is how it turned out
soooooo pretty


I found these very cool shutters at an antique store with Camille for a steal.
They have been in my car for 2 or so weeks cause I wasn't sure what to do with them.
I liked the green so G and I decided to "dry brush" which we had to teach ourselves how to do via you tube:)

before after


Then Gianna decided, and I agreed, that I had way too many red lamp shades for one house to have. So...whats a girl to do but get out her sewing machine and begin making ruffles....what else???


I love how it turned out, except when I put it back on the lamp and turned it on you could still see the red..boo:( Not sure what I'm gonna do now.

But, here it is on the mantle...what do ya think????



And finally, I was on the hunt for a craft table so I could move out of the dining room.
I found one for better than a steal on craigslist. My momma and daddy were so wonderful to go and pick it up for me and hold it till we could come and get it. I had no idea what an ordeal it would be , but I'll just say this...my amazing parents carried it and loaded it on a truck by themselves...they ROCK!!!!

As soon as we got it home Corey got bust taking the varnish off so I could paint it.


After I painted it I added some brown paint and then topped that with more white. Then, me and Gianna sanded and sanded and sanded. I think it turned out great!!!!



It was a LONG day, but very successful.
Maybe we will get more done tomorrow!!

love to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Look at you go you crafty little thing! Just thinking about craft projects stresses me out. Pretty sure its not my gift.

    ReplyDelete